Maintenance Request (Non-Emergency)
So that your request is properly processed, please carefully read:
To ensure we can provide the quickest response, while describing your repair request, fully complete the form and be as specific as possible. Requests that are not specific such as “stove not working” or have missing contact information will delay our response while we contact you for clarification.
Attaching a picture of the maintenance item, will help us determine what type of contractor needs to be sent to your home. There are also some TROUBLESHOOTING VIDEOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
Routine maintenance requests are processed during normal business hours. If you do not hear from anyone or if your requested maintenance has not been completed in 2 business days, please call our office to follow up.
- As stated in your lease agreement, there is a $75 repair deductible for routine maintenance work and the landlord will cover the remainder of the expense. If the work requested is found to be the tenant's responsibility or damage, you will be billed for the cost of the work.
- Your satisfaction is important to us! The licensed vendors we contract are not employees of Sugarland Property Management. If a vendor fails to keep an appointment, does not complete a repair, does not follow up with another appointment (if needed to complete the job), or if you feel you have received unsatisfactory service or work, please let us know immediately.
- We or any of our vendors will not enter your home if someone 18 years of age or younger is at home without adult supervision.
- If this is an emergency (causing property damage, injury to self or others is imminent), please call our office at (281) 302-5689. Someone will be contacted to return your call as quickly as possible.
- As per the Lease Agreement, a $75.00 administrative fee will be assessed to your account if any of the following occur when we arrive:
- Any tenant who makes an appointment, but fails to be at the property during the scheduled time
- There is a non-kenneled or unconstrained dog
- The key to the property does not work due to changing of the locks by the tenant
- There is an underage child (17 or under) unattended at the property